Pregnancy (Pre/Post Natal) Massage
A woman undergoes many physical changes during pregnancy that can lead to physical and emotional stress that can be effectively addressed with therapeutic massage. The weight of a growing baby places significant strain on the back, neck, shoulders, legs and abdominal muscles and many women also struggle with insomnia during pregnancy that only contributes to pregnancy related physical and emotional issues.
Pre-Natal Massage Benefits
We are specially trained to provide professional Pre-Natal massage as a beneficial method for coping with physical changes and to promote relaxation.
- Helps to improve sleep
- Relieves muscle soreness and spasms in lower back, neck, hips and legs
- Reduces stress hormone levels
- Helps to regulate heart rate and blood pressure
- Reduces swelling
- Helps to prepare the body for labor
Helpful Knowledge for Pregnant Women
Clients are carefully positioned with comfortable support pillows in a relaxing environment. Pure Massage Therapy is happy to provide practical knowledge and recommendations on various aspects of personal Pre-Natal care. We are trained to treat and assess pregnancy related symptoms such as discomfort while sleeping and other associated concerns, in conjunction with therapeutic massage therapy treatments. Our gentle Pre-Natal techniques are customized to each individual to ensure comfort and relaxation of our clients.
- Promotes the release of natural endorphins that encourages hormone rebalancing
- Increases blood flow and oxygen to remove toxins and re-energize muscles
- Facilitates lactation for breastfeeding
- Helps with recovery from a caesarean section
- Stimulates lymph flow
- Helps new mothers cope with the baby blues and/or post-natal depression
- Relief from muscle soreness and physical aches that can accompany the care of a newborn
Relaxation Therapy for New Mothers
Our professionally trained post-natal massage therapists understand the physical demands that a new mother faces and make your comfort and relaxation their top priority. Depending on your individual needs, post-natal massage is most often performed with the recipient positioned comfortably among pillows on her side. Our RMT's will focus primarily on easing tension and soreness in the shoulders, neck, legs and lower back to help rebalance and return your body to its original state.
Restore Your Body and Mind after Pregnancy
Childbirth and the life changes that follow can be stressful. Many new mothers may feel overwhelmed emotionally and physically by the new demands and lifestyle changes. Post-natal massage is an ideal method for creating some important personal time to reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue and promote your own well-being.